PDA

View Full Version : How to build a tire balancer for rc cars?

my_i
01-12-2012, 01:54 PM
If you want to balance your wheels/tires here is a cheap balancer you can build.
Find yourself a set of roller blades (I found some at a yard sale for $5). Use the bearings, axles and hardware that hold the wheels on the bottom of the boot. Make sure some of the bearings still spin nice.
Bring a hub to the hardware store and find something to use as an axle for the balancer that fits the hub with no play. I ended up using a Mastercraft long shaft screwdriver ($3.99) that fit the revo 6mm hub perfectly (I had to cut the handle off). Use some 1/2" plywood for the base and sides. I use some rubber washers/grommets that fit tight on the axle to hold the hub/wheel snug. The Ofna or new Revo Platinum style of hubs would work even better to hold everything tight.
Spin the wheel a few times and you'll notice the heavy end will settle at the bottom. Use something like lead tape on the opposite side of your wheel. Take you time and try to use as little weight as possible. The goal is to get the wheel to stop at random spots when spun.

parantria
01-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello, I am doing a project

How to build a tire balancer for rc cars ?